Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sorry, I can't. I'm on the DP.

When I was in high school and started having a semblance of a social life, my dad sat me down to have a chat. "Now, Kimmer, if you get into a sticky situation where somebody offers you drugs or alcohol, I want you say no, and if you need to, to blame it on me." For instance, "No, I can't have that beer - my dad would kill me." or "No, I can't smoke that joint - my dad would tie me up in the basement and feed me sardines for the rest of my life." Stuff like that.

Actually, I never had to use that excuse because I was pretty good kid and was never offered any of that stuff (or I just went to the wrong parties...). It was nice to know I had an "out" nonetheless.

The same goes for the DP. I went grocery shopping today, and did really well - read all the labels, stayed mostly on the outer walls (to where, thankfully, they moved all the alcohol), and half my cart was filled with produce. When I saw something I would have gotten before, the decision was easy: no thanks, I'm on the DP.

1 comment:

  1. HAHA, good stuff Kimmers. I enjoy reading your blog more than I enjoy writing mine. But now I'm motivated to get back at it...just so you don't have more posts than me :-). Kidding. Keep it up...proud of you.

    ReplyDelete