Monday, January 17, 2011

Little Victories

Ephesians 4:22-24, “Put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; be made new in the attitude of your minds; and put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness” (NIV).

It had been less than 24 hours since I made the decision to give up sugar when I was faced with my first real temptation. I was starting to get a little crabby - impatience with my kids (well, I guess that's nothing new) and picking a fight with my husband are the only things to which I'll admit here...

I was at my friend's house for a women's small group, and there were Oreos. Double-stuff Oreos.

Now, I didn't get into this thing lightly - I knew it was going to be tough, especially at first. But COME ON!!!

I said a little prayer, and decided it would be best for me not to go into the kitchen at all. So as most of those around me munched on those delicious chocolate cookies with the dreamy creamy filling, I drank my bottle of water and dreamed of shopping for clothes a few sizes smaller.

Food Industry - 0
Me - 1

1 comment:

  1. Good for you, Kim! It's one step at a time - one little victory after one little victory. It took me 2 years to lose 70+lbs (and now we're expecting again and I am desperate to not gain it all back!) but every little "sacrifice" became so worth it every time I'd step on the scale and see that # be a little lower. My dad always says, "Nothing worth doing is ever easy." Don't let yourself get discouraged - just focus on what you have to do today, this afternoon, this hour, this 5 minute period. I'm rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete